Sunday, May 25, 2008

This is interesting

I never thought I would start the blogging process. I thought it was strange that people would post their thoughts on line for the whole world to see. I still believe in writing a diary but I figure I could give this a try. This will be an experience I think.

My husband and I have been married for almost two years. We have been together for almost 5. We met at a karaoke bar. Its funny because we are not much on clubs and parties but it seems we were in the right place at the right time. The first night we met we spent hours talking and sharing deep secrets with each other. Within the few weeks we knew each other I knew we were meant to be.

I am 26 years old working at Sprint. I have been there for 2 years and 5 months. I put off school due to finances and stress. My interests are reading, cooking, traveling, and music. I am not much of a party person. I like to go karaoke but that's about it. (hence how I met Ricky!)

Ricky is 29 years old. He is not working right now due to health problems. He is a very bright individual. He has so much going for him. I know God will direct him and use Ricky for his gifts.

We are Christians and proud of it. We are witnesses by the way we live. We have not always been due to the mistakes we have made in our lives but I know that we will be forgiven of our sins. We attend a United Methodist church in Fort worth. We were raised differently but chose the church we attend because of the way we worship. We are conservative worshippers. Ricky likes to listen to traditional liturgy in a formal service. I like the praise and worship songs of the contemporary genre. Our church provides a service that fits both of our needs. By mentioning this, I am not trying to promote a denomination. I believe that different churches were created to accommodate the diverse population.

We are wanting to make a difference in the lives of others and witness the Good News to others in many ways. Ricky wants to create a ministry that will witness to the people who love to play role playing games. It may sound unconventional but we are told to go and make disciples. I want to go on a mission trip. I want to help with post Katrina clean up or assist the Methodist conference in southern Kentucky.

I will continue posting with updates of our journey. Good night!

No comments: