Monday, June 29, 2009

Reality Check

I was browsing the Internet when I came across a blog of a friend of mine. We don't talk anymore due to past mistakes and hurts but I have not denounced him as a friend for many reasons. Part of the reason we haven't spoken had to do with a major disagreement we had that could have very well destroyed my marriage with Ricky. But back to his blog. I noticed a comment he posted about me that really opened my eyes to the way I had been acting before we stopped talking. He did not mention my name but I know it was about me because it mentioned contents from a conversation we had regarding our beliefs. I had lashed out in anger calling him a "liberal" and accused him of being heartless because we did not agree on certain views. I also said that the word "conservative" is not in his vocabulary. He had lashed out at me because of the things I have said. I realized just how bad my behavior was because I was casting stones. I had no business doing so because I am a sinner. I don't need to be acting self righteous and rude. That attitude kills any chance of witnessing the gospel. I have realized that my behavior of being nasty and rude really casted me in a terrible shadow. I could have very well have ruined my chance to share the Good News. He proclaims to know the Lord but I don't know if he has accepted Jesus. I have no idea. If he hadn't I ruined my chance to explain what that relationship is. It was because I was too busy being a hypocrite and being judgemental. I still have my views but through Gods grace I will learn to share His love without being cruel. I hope I will be able to speak to this friend again soon. I would like to apologize for my behavior but even more I would like to share the Good News. Maybe he already knows it and we can rejoice as brother and sister in Christ. I hope my friend will find this and know he has brothers and sisters in Christ ready to pick him up when he falls.

Heavenly Father, I ask for Your forgiveness with my judgemental attitude. I pray that my friend and others will know the Good News. I ask this in Jesus Name, Amen.

No comments: