Monday, August 4, 2008

Spiritual Attacks

I am so glad that I have a relationship with our Heavenly Father. If I did not, I am not sure where I would be. I have had some spiritual attacks lately. One was Saturday morning at the retreat where my heart started pounding and I went into panic mode. It was odd because I had no reason to have an anxiety attack. Then Saturday night I had a very bad dream that included evil temptations. Sunday night I had another nightmare with the same evil things from the Saturday night dream. Tonight was really bad because I started becoming really paranoid and could not concentrate on my work. I called Rob Rion to request a song and right after I hung up, I started to freak out and wonder if I said something wrong. I was over analyzing my conversation with him and was psyching myself out. It was scaring me really bad. So I called back in to ask for prayers. The paranoia and anxiety has been a constant battle for most of my life. The doctors want to put me on drugs I can't afford. I understand that the Lord gave us doctors to help us so I should be receptive to that. But I don't know. I feel like Satan has been attacking me at every turn. He wants to put doubts in my head and really psyche me out. I will not let the enemy attack me though. I have prayed fervently. I want to get over this paranoia and anxiety because I don't want it to run my life.

Heavenly Father I know You are with me. I thank You every day for the blessings You give me. Show me the way and help me to discard these feelings. I ask this in Jesus name

Amen

No comments: